Friday, May 7, 2010

Hector Lee Might Be Genghis Khan, can, can can

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Hector LEE wrote:
Hello Mr Sterrit,

I reviewed your below correspondence and have reviewed the file. I have not spoken to the officers involved as they are on days off. I understand that a suspicious circumstance was reported (ie. you were suspected of trespassing on someone's property). Cst. CANUEL appears to be the one who was assigned the file and Cst. FLETT was the back up officer. The complainant in this case advised he believed it was you who trespassed on his property and was not sure what you were doing or why you were on their property. Our officers simply attended to your location to confirm your identity and you obviously provided an explanation in which they were satisfied with. Our file /investigation was concluded as such. If you have other information for me as to the conduct of the officers, then you must relay that to me so I can deal with it. If you feel you must make a public complaint, you are well aware you are well within your right to do this as well.

I will not be addressing this with Mayor Alice Maitland as you are requesting. She is not the complainant in this matter and the fact that she may be related to the complainant does not involve her as far as I am concerned.

As for Sonny's threats to Peter; are they threats against you or was Peter threatened? Please clarify this. If Sonny threatened harm to you through Peter, then Peter needs to be the one to provide us a witness statement so we can determine the nature of the threats and whether it meets the criteria/threshold for a criminal charge approval. If Peter is the victim and was threatened by Sonny, again Peter would need to contact us and provide a statement as to the nature of the threats.

With respect to your land claim, I can only re-iterate that the claim process should be initiated through the courts. Perhaps the Gitxsan Treaty Office could provide you assistance in that regard?

Sgt. Hector LEE
NCO i/c New Hazelton Detachment







>>> Chief Kitsilano sterritt 2010-05-06 12:00 >>>
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Chief Kitsilano sterritt < kitsilanoband@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sargeant Lee:
>
> I must report certain acts against me in the community by your officers and
> by Robert Sonny Jackson, and by Eli McLean, which I ask you to record and
> take action to curb and rectify.
>
> Two of your officers came to my place of residence at the first campsite in
> Ksan, and alleged they were investigating me for exhibiting "suspicious
> behaviour" and I object to that on the face of the information given to me
> by the officers. I will let you review their reports and compare what they
> tell you with what they said to me, heard by two or more witnesses. This
> follows our meeting in which you advised me to follow this procedure. The
> officers said they were acting on information coming from the family of the
> Mayor of Hazelton, which is the type of aggravation I said to you, I will
> not endure.
>
> I remind you, in this context, that I am preparing my complaint to the
> Police Professional Standards Commssion for filing and opening their
> investigations.
>
> The second complaint involves the brother of Peter Jackson, who attended
> the meeting we had at your office.
>
> Robert "Sonny" Jackson has made threats to Peter, and those threats have
> been relayed to me, and I fear that Jackson will harm me or my property. In
> making the threats Jackson told lies to Peter, and Peter has described the
> words as, quote "Jamey locked our mother in her room for two days" unquote.
>
> This kind of lie is the mark of someone who intends to do harm on the basis
> of the rumor. It is grounds for a suit for slander and for remedies, and I
> have begun that proceeding by providing you with the attached letter to
> Jackson. The letter speaks for itself and you can inform Jackson that you
> have your copy.
>
> I will proceed in a civil way to enforce my rights of *Peaceable
> Possession *of my lands, while I expect you to report to me that you are
> proceeding under the Criminal Code to enforce my rights to enjoy peace and
> security at all times where I now reside and where I intend to build my
> residence as well as in Kisgegas where my business plans are in progress.
>
> I add to this information a mild threat from Mr. Eli McLean who was part of
> the group that shot at me in the past, at Kisgegas, and told Peter Jackson
> that I should not exercise my rights as Chief Kitsilano In Kisgegas. While
> this is not in itself a threat, I believe it lays grounds for further
> attacks when I am in Kisgegas, and I expect you to remind McLean and his
> cohorts and family members, that they have no right or authority to approach
> me or to make any requirement of me that is not consistent with my right of
> *Peaceable Possession of the land I own and the land I claim. *Since
> McLean shot at me in Kisgegas in the past, this veiled threat causes me to
> fear that he and his gang will harm me or my property again.
>
> I believe you should also call or visit the Mayor of Hazelton to advise her
> that I will not allow myself to be made the victim of her declared vendetta,
> and that more false charges against me serve to compound those made in the
> past and will be made the subject of civil actions for my remedies.
>
> Thank you for your reply confirming your understanding of my complaints and
> that you will immediately investigate all of this information and will lay
> all the charges that the law requires you to do in the circumstances.
>
> I sincerely am,
> CHIEF KITSILANO.
> aka James Russell Sterritt
> 778 202 0218
>
>
> --
> V>^^

No comments:

Post a Comment