Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hector and Wrigglesworm strike blows for fascism

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Hector LEE  wrote:
Mr. Sterritt,

I will be sending Cpl. Wrigglesworth to speak to you about what options you have as a result of the letter served to you by Ms. Shanoss. I have not seen this letter but suspect it is requesting payment from you for the camp site rental and to vacate that site should you not provide payment.

Please be advised that as RCMP officers, we adhere to and must follow the Criminal Code of Canada. We have no intention to disrespect you in any way however we do have legal obligations to act when necessary. The Gitanmaax Band has not changed any rules or has targeted you with respect to the usage of the KSAN campsite from what I can derive. Again I re-iterate that the Gitanmaax Band Council is charged with administering how they handle the lands of the Gitanmaax Reserve and in this case, it is a campground where persons using the serviced sites are expected to pay a rental/usage fee whether they are Band members or not.

The choice is to pay and be able to stay, or not pay and the request to remove you and your items would be made to us. I will advise you that we will have to act in accordance with the Criminal Code should you refuse to leave the campground. What I mean by that is possibly arresting you for assault by trespass. I have consulted with our crown counsel and they are in agreement that this would be the offence committed should you refuse to leave.

I do understand your plight and what you are trying to accomplish however, in my eyes, this is not an ideal solution and I would hope that you would voluntarily pack up your items and leave should you not provide the requested payment. If you have a claim of that land, then, as I re-iterate from my last pieces of correspondence, there is a forum for those in judiciary to hear your claims and possibly make a decision on those claims.

Thank you for reading and I hope we can come to a peaceful resolve on this matter.

Sgt. Hector Lee
Detachment Commander - New Hazelton RCMP



>>> Chief Kitsilano sterritt 2010-05-07 15:58 >>>
Herewith attachment contains the letter promised to you in response to yours

CHIEF KITSILANO
jamey

No comments:

Post a Comment